- School is a prime example. You try to achieve so much and your success is based on how much you accomplish. WRONG. It should be based on how well we accomplish that you try. That all depends on us and our determination, attitude, and perseverance. However, people focus on the "how much" part and they base their failure or success off that. If we do that, of course, we are going to freak out and stop doing what we want/need.
- Oh love! The ultimate example. It is going too slow, it is going too fast, or it's not going at all. As The White Stripes put it, "Every single one's got a story to tell..." We psych ourselves out of love faster than anything we know or do. Why is that? I can think of two reasons: We don't wanna get hurt or we don't wanna hurt someone. Hurt: to cause physical pain or injury to. We are scared to cause physical pain or an injury to one muscle: our heart. Jim Rohn put it like this, "The worst thing one can do is not to try, to be aware of what one wants and not give in to it, to spend years in silent hurt wondering if something could have materialized - never knowing." Why live in silent hurt wondering if something could have been, if something could have become factual? We often back down on love before we even give it a chance, whether it is because we don't know the outcome, time is an issue, or simply because we are scared. What happened to faith in all this? We are asked to have faith always, yet it is the most absent thing when dealing with love. Our minds take control and we lose the really sight of what our heart is try to show us. Yes, their will most likely be pain, maybe even distress, anger, frustration, but isn't that worth loving or feeling loved, even if it is for a fragment of a second. Love is the ultimate feeling everyone should get a chance to breath it in and let it over take, even if it is for a fragment of a second, because that second will be the greatest second ever lived.
- STOP worrying so much about who you want to become and focus on who you are being, because who you are currently being will determine who you will be become. Be silly, foolish, ridiculous, be all the things that you are embarrassed to be. Frank Sinatra did say, "Dare to wear the foolish clown face." If it's you, be it. Don't hide behind someone you will regret being, just be yourself.
- One thing to say... Be open to whatever comes next. If we are scared of time, it will pass by and then we will realize that we had nothing to be scared of because it is gone. Live in the moment and make every minute count because who knows when time will stop. Be the type of person that doesn't know what will come next and you love it.
- "Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life." You can do any work that you put your mind to...
Don't be scared, instead learn, love, be you, trust time, and work! If scares you do it anyways! "Do one thing everyday that scares you" -Eleanor Roosevelt